Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Stats:
- Between 400,000 and 500,000 cases of carpal tunnel syndrome require surgery annually in the United States at an economic cost exceeding $2 billion.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome is responsible for 47% of repetitive motion injuries in the workplace.
- Carpal tunnel treatment can be effective if provided during the early stages of the disorder. However, over time, the insulation surrounding the median nerve may wear, leading to permanent nerve damage.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome is responsible for more absences from work than any other non-fatal injury.
- CTS is a frequent complication in as many 62% of pregnancies.
CarpalAID®, an Alternative to Carpal Tunnel Treatment
CarpalAID® is an FDA Class I medical device used for providing carpal tunnel hand pain relief. It is a non-invasive hand patch that relieves the pressure on the median nerve, thereby helping to alleviate hand pain.
It is a plastic hand patch with a strip of 3M medical grade adhesive that is worn on the palm. It works by creating negative pressure on the median nerve, which is the cause of hand pain, tingling or numbness.
CarpalAID® is for healthcare professionals who would like to provide an alternative for carpal tunnel treatment. It uses no medication of any kind.
How to Apply CarpalAID®:
- 1. Have the patient wash and dry their hands thoroughly. It is a good idea to wipe the palms with rubbing alcohol to remove any residue from soap or sweat.
- 2. Place the CarpalAID® disposable patch on the lower palm of the hand (see diagram).
- 3. It is best to use CarpalAID® at night when the hands are not being used.
- It is recommended to use CarpalAID® continuously for the first week. With time, your patient won’t need to use the hand patch as frequently.
- The exception is if they continue to sustain carpal tunnel injury through the same repetitive motion that caused CTS in the first place. Following best ergonomic practices when at work, and doing hand and wrist exercises and stretches can help prevent re-injury.
Most users report experiencing the positive effects of CarpalAID® within the first half-hour of usage.
Practitioner Packs come in 2 different sizes (Large and Small):